Why a Medical Spine Specialist is different
Since the vast majority of spine problems in the back and neck can be treated medically without the need for surgery, it makes sense to start the healing process by seeing a physician who is a Medical Spine Specialist. So when a medical expert is needed to diagnose and treat your spine problem, it is important to see the physician Not only has extensive experience but also continues to learn, teach and network nationally bringing back to WNY the most current treatments. Diagnosing and treating spine problems is what Dr. Geraci has been doing in Buffalo for 30 years. As the pre-eminent expert in Spine Medicine, Dr. Geraci has gained a national reputation in research, teaching and training other medical professionals. Dr. Geraci was the first physician in his field, to focus his practice on medical spine care in the Western New York area.
Why Dr. Geraci is different
Using cutting edge approaches he has pioneered, Dr. Geraci works to pinpoint the actual source of the problem. Is it an injury? Maybe the way you lift? You could be bending or twisting incorrectly 2,000 – 4,000 times a day without realizing it. Could it be postural? Sitting jobs are just as detrimental to your spine health as jobs which involve lifting and twisting all day long. Could exercise be the problem? Do you leave your seated job and go into a gym and train using seated weight machines? If you do, you need to know that a seated position increases the pressure on your disc more than 50% compared to standing. Using a seated weight machine increases disc pressure 100 – 150% over standing.
By the end of your first visit Dr. Geraci will work with you to identify the cause of your problem and the factors that contribute to it. Through his expert diagnosis and experience as a spine specialist, a long-term treatment plan can be formulated that actually works to improve your health, start you on the road to recovery and reduce the chance for recurrent episodes. Set up an appointment at Geraci’s Williamsville office to begin your road to recovery.
What This Requires:
- A high level of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of the spine and its functional kinetic chain (hip, knee, ankle, and foot)
- A careful and methodical assessment which includes a complete history and physical examination of the spine hip, knee, ankle, and foot in functional positions (positions you may use for your work, sport or lifestyle activity)
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Fluoroscopic and Ultrasound Guided Injections
- Manual Medicine
- Functional Rehabilitation
- Regenerative Medicine (Using Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Stem Cells from your own blood or fat cells)
- Prescribing Medications sparingly and only when indicated for a short time
- Strength, endurance and biomechanical retraining specific for your needs
- Diagnostic testing when indicated, avoiding unnecessary radiation exposure
- Physical Therapy based first on expertise and second on location
- A home exercise program from day one to reduce your pain and speed up your recovery
- Surgical referral, when indicated, and getting you back to see me to start your post – operative rehabilitation, as soon as possible